Located at the edge of stunning Milli Gorge and facing towards the Cretan sea, Villa Milli offers unique spectacular views and full privacy to its guests. Being close to living areas such as the villages of Roussospiti, Chromonastiri and Rethymno city and only 4 km away from the sandy beach, our villa has the unique advantage which will make you feel that you are staying in the nature although you will be next to everything.
Villa Milli which was built in 2002 and renovated in 2017 was awarded as one of the best villas in Crete in 2006! The main factors that make our villa unique are:
- The location which is surrounded by nature but very close to Rethymno city and to the beach!
- The independence of the ground floor and the extra kitchen that allows for more privacy within your own group.
- The outstanding views of the sea, the mountains and the gorge of “Milli” which is nearby! You will love the views both indoors and outdoors.
- The total privacy of all areas! There are no houses nearby except the owner’s.
- The safety for children. You can relax and let your children play in the garden without worrying about their safety!
- The owner who lives nearby. This hospitable owner is on close hand for information, advice and any other queries.
Generally it is very rare to find a villa which combines all the above features! Be sure that Villa Milli will be one of the main reasons for your unforgettable holiday in Crete!
The villa has three floors.
- The ground floor is independent from the rest of the house and has its own entrance door next to the pool. Entering the ground floor you will find a kitchenette and a fridge. The kitchenette is fully equipped with everything that you might need to prepare breakfast and coffee. Next to the kitchenette is a bathroom with a bath and two air conditioned bedrooms each almost 15 sq.m. Both have access to the garden-park. One bedroom has a double bed and the other one two single beds. Each room has its own wardrobe.
- On entrance to the first floor via an outside staircase you can find an open plan living room area (25 sq.m) with satellite HDTV. Also found is the main kitchen (12 sq.m) equipped with 4 ring stoves, an oven, a dishwasher, a toaster, a kettle, a mixer, an espresso and a filter coffee machine and dishes and utensils for more than 10 people. Next to the kitchen there is an indoor dining table for 8-10 people and the exit to the largest balcony in the villa where its possible to relax and enjoy the views! Finally on the first floor there is a WC where you can also find a washing machine.
- On the second floor there are two double bedded, air conditioned bedrooms (14 sq.m) each with a wardrobe and access to the balcony. There is also the main bathroom which has a Jacuzzi-bath!
- The outdoor area (1,000 sq.m) is fenced and possesses a parking area for four cars, a swimming pool, a barbecue, a garden park and vegetable garden which can be fully exploited.
|Swimming pool (40 sqm)||Fenced|
|Sun beds / Sun umbrellas||Charcoal BBQ / Dining Table|
|Garden Park / Playground||Several Sitting Areas|
|Vegetable Garden||Parking For 4 Cars|
|Satellite Flat screen HDTV (32')||Movies library|
|DVD / Audio Stereo||Wi-Fi internet connection|
|Iron / Board||First aid kit / Safe Box|
|Guides / Maps||Highchair / Baby Cot|
|Fridge / Freezer||4ring Stove / Oven|
|Espresso / Filter Coffee machine||Toaster / Kettle / Mixer|
|Microwave oven / Dining Table||Complete dishes & utensils|
Rehtymnon City Centre (7 km)
Where you can find everything such as supplies, restaurants, cafeterias and entertainment!
Heraklion Airport (82 km)
Heraklion airport is the largest airport in Crete. The distance to the villa is about 1 hour and 15 minutes by car.
Chania airport (74 km)
The distance from the airport of Chania to the villa is about 1 hour by car.
Souda Port (59.5 km)
The closest beach (4 km)
The main organized long sandy beach of Rethymno city.
Traditional Taverns (3 km)
We suggest a visit to Taverna “Elia” and “Athivoles” which are found in Chromonastiri village.
There is a supermarket in Roussospiti village and numerous others in Rethymno town.
Hospital and pharmacy shops (7 km)
In Rethymno town.
Bank (4 km)
In Rethymno town.
Bar / Club (7 km)
Chromonastiri village (3 km)
Where you can find supplies and some great taverns.
Roussospiti village (2 km)
The closest village for supplies.
Mili gorge (650 m)
Mili Gorge is a stunning green oasis near the town of Rethymno. It is actuallya ravine inside which hosts a huge number of plants and trees, a real botanic garden. It is located north of the village Chromonastiri and south of Xero Chorio.
Agia Irini Monastery (3.6 km)
This 10th century monastery had been active until the revolution of 1821, then, badly damaged, it was abandoned. Its restoration started in 1970 and in 1989 the monastery was reoccupied by nuns. Due to the care of the 9 nuns now living there, Agia Irini is a delightful place to visit, as the cloister as well as the refectory, stables, and wine press have been restored. Handicrafts and especially the art of weaving and needlework flourish in Agia Irini and there is a small exhibition within the monastery where one can buy the hand made products.
Arkadi Monastery (19 km)
One of the most historical places in Crete, well worth to visit it!
Georgioupoli beach (29.7 km)
Panormos beach (22.6 km)
This coastal village is situated 20 km east of Rethymno. It boasts an organised beach as well as a variety of tavernas right by the sea.
Bali beach (32.4 km)
Kournas Lake (32 km)
Argiroupoli Village (30 km)
A well-known village for the small spring waterfalls and the amount of the great, traditional taverns under the big trees! It is built on a 260 m altitude on the foot of Azonas hill and it has view on the lush green and flourishing valley of Mouselas River, whose 10 rich springs are 50 meters underneath the village.
Eleftherna Village (24 Km)
Melidoni Village (32.1 Km)
Visit the village of Melidoni and the homonymous Cave of Melidoni which is located approximately 1,800 meters northwest of the homonym village of Mylopotamos, at an altitude of 220 m and on the south side of Kouloukonas Mountain.
Anogia Village (56.5 km)
On the foothills of Psiloritis Mountain.
Zoniana Village (50.2 Km)
Margarites village (27.1 Km)
One of the most important characteristics of the village is the unique feature of locals. They show great interest in artistic issues. Pottery is their primary activity. You can find that out after taking a walk to the village square, where they exhibit their famous products.
Villa Milli is located in an area close to the villages of Roussospiti and Chromonastiri just at the edge of the gorge “Milli” near to Rethymno town.
The closest beach to the villa is the long sandy beach of Rethymno just 4 km away.
We will make suggestions and provide information on local places interest you may wish to visit, such as beaches and sightseeing spots and “out of the box” advice on each one.